This model has been discontinued in North, Central and South America.
Please check the availability with your local distributors in other areas.
It has been replaced with the US-4x4.
The TASCAM US-600 6-in/4-out USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface is the perfect choice for portable recording of multiple sources from your laptop computer. Four high-definition XLR microphone inputs include phantom power for detailed recording with condenser microphones. All channels can be passed to your computer with 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution.
Each input on the US-600 uses an XLR/TRS combo jack to support microphone or line level sources and includes a signal/clip LED to help you set your input level. Input 1 has an instrument-level switch for direct recording of guitar or bass, and a direct monitor path allows musicians to hear their performance without a delay from the computer. On the rear panel, the US-600 includes a pair of unbalanced outputs, MIDI input and output and a stereo S/PDIF digital in and out.
A copy of Cubase LE5 is included – the latest version of Steinberg’s 48-track workstation software. VST plug-in support, automated mixing and MIDI tracks allow you to craft large productions without adding any other software. If you want to use your own software, the US-600 supports most Mac and Windows software such as Logic Pro, Live, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, and Pro Tools 9.
Perfect for laptop musicians, the TASCAM US-600 makes multi-microphone computer recording portable and affordable.
|Supported sampling frequency||44.1/48/88.2/96kHz|
|Supported bit rate||24bit|
|Analog audio Inputs|
|MIC IN||INPUT 1-4||INPUT 1-2|
|Connecter||XLR-3-31(1:GND, 2:HOT, 3:COLD), BALANCED|
|Input impedance||2.2k ohms|
|Nominal input level||-14dBu(0.15Vrms)|
|Minimum input level||-57dBu(0.001Vrms)|
|Maximum input level||+2dBu(0.98Vrms)|
|LINE IN||INPUT 1-4||INPUT 1-2|
|Connecter||6.3mm(1/4") TRS-jack(T:HOT, R:COLD, S:GND), BALANCED|
|Input impedance||15k ohms|
|Nominal input level||+4dBu(1.23Vrms)|
|Minimum input level||-39dBu(0.008Vrms)|
|Maximum input level||+20dBu(7.75Vrms)|
|INSTRUMENT IN||INPUT 1|
|Connecter||6.3mm(1/4") TS-jack(T:HOT, S:GND), UNBALANCED|
|Input impedance||1M ohms|
|Nominal input level||-13dBV(0.22Vrms)|
|Minimum input level||-56dBV(0.001Vrms)|
|Maximum input level||+3dBV(1.41Vrms)|
|Digital audio inputs|
|Analog audio outputs|
|LINE OUT||OUTPUT 1-2||OUTPUT 1-4|
|Connecter||RCA pin-jack, UNBALANCED|
|Nominal output level||-10dBV(0.316Vrms)|
|Maximum output level||+6dBV(2Vrms)|
|Digital audio inputs|
|Format||IEC60958-3(S/P DIF) and IEC60958-4(AES/EBU)
*Selectable in the Control Panel betwiin
|Connecter||6.3mm(1/4") stereo phone jack|
|Maximum output level||18mW+18mW(32ohms loaded)|
|MIDI IN||DIN 5-pin|
|MIDI OUT||DIN 5-pin|
|Connecter||USB B type 4-pin|
|Format||USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED|
|Power||USB bus powered (5V, Max 500mA)||100V to 240V, 50/60Hz,
Dedicated AC adapter
(TASCAM PS-P520, included)
|Bundle software||Cubase LE|
|Accessories||CD-ROM (containing drivers), USB Cable, DVD-ROM (Cubase LE), Cubase LE Quick Start Guide, Warranty card, Owner's manual||AC adaptor(TASCAM PS-P520), Power cord for AC adaptor, CD-ROM (containing drivers), USB Cable, DVD-ROM (Cubase LE), Cubase LE Quick Start Guide, Warranty card, Owner's manual|
|Frequency response||20Hz to 20kHz, +0.5/-1.0dB(44.1/48KHz, JEITA)
20Hz to 40kHz, +0.5/-1.5dB(88.2/96KHz, JEITA)
|S/N ratio||98dB or more(LINE IN to LINE OUT with Gain knobs at minimum, 44.1kHz, JEITA)|
|THD||0.0045% or less(LINE IN to LINE OUT with Gain knobs at minimum, 44.1kHz, JEITA)|
|Operating system requirements|
|OS||Windows XP:32bit SP3 or more, 64bit SP2 or more
Windows Vista:32bit SP2 or more, 64bit SP2 or more
Windows 7:32bit, 64bit
Windows 8:32bit, 64bit
|CPU||Pentium 4 1.4GHz or more, ADM Athlon 1.4GHz or more|
|Memory||1GB or more|
|Driver||ASIO 2, WDM(MME)|
|OS||Mac OS X Tiger(10.4.11), Mac OS X Leopard(10.5.6), Mac OS X Snow Leopard(10.6.8), OS X Lion(V10.7), OS X Mountain Lion(V10.8)|
|CPU||Intel Processor 1GHz or more, Power PC G4 1GHz or more|
|Memory||1GB or mor|
|Driver||Core Audio, Core MIDI|
WindowsWindows 8.1 , Windows 8 , Windows 7 , Windows Vista , Windows XP
MacOS X El Capitan (10.11) , OS X Yosemite (10.10) , OS X Mavericks (10.9) , OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) , OS X Lion (10.7) , Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) , Mac OS X Leopard(10.5.6) , Mac OS X Tiger(10.4.11)
|Driver V3.22rc1 (OS X Mountain Lion/OS X Mavericks/OS X Yosemite/OS X El Capitan only)||12-03-2015||2.3 MB|
|US-200/US-600 MIDI input fix for Mac OS X||01-28-2014||371.1 KB|
|Driver V3.00d8 Release Notes (OS X Mavericks and Yosemite only)||12-12-2013||944.5 KB|
|US-600 driver version 1.00 for Mac OS X||02-05-2011||1.6 MB|
In case that 24 bit is being selected at the setting of "Select the sample rate and bit depth to be used when running in shared mode" on Windows, PC is re-booted up when system sound on Windows is played.
Please check here for how to avoid it.
According to Apple, OS X 10.9.5 includes heightened security measures that will also be part of OS X 10.10. These security measures will affect some TASCAM audio interfaces, so users are advised to be aware, and hold off on updating until further information is available
These products use Apple's built in CoreAudio driver. The Settings Panel installer is fully compliant with Apple's latest security measures.
The latest drivers are compliant, but testing is ongoing for these products:
The OS X 10.9 public beta drivers can continue to be used for these interfaces:
Cannot be used with the current driver (public or beta):
- IF-FW/DMmkII: Development is on-going and a version that is compliant with the new security measures will be made available as soon as possible. Please keep your system at 10.9.4 or earlier if you wish to continue to use the IF-FW/DMmkII.
- TASCAM Mixer Companion: Gatekeeper Security must be set to "allow all" for TMCompanion to be installed. It can be reverted to higher security settings after installation.
- Other audio interface products not mentioned are no longer supported.
Pro Tools 9 for Windows must be run from the administrator's account for MIDI to function. Launch Pro Tools in 'run this program as an administrator' mode.
The latency setting must be the same in Pro Tools and in the US-series control panel. Change this in Pro Tools' Hardware Setup window, and in the US-series control panel.
Please be aware that this activation system is designed and controlled by Steinberg and not TASCAM.
- Install Cubase LE 4 or Cubase LE 5
- Make sure that your computer has a working Internet connection. This connection is necessary to activate the license because the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) needs to register with our license server.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the eLCC installed. Click here to download
- Open the eLicense Control Center (eLCC) software and make a note of your Soft-eLicenser number
- Create a user account in the MySteinberg area. If you already have one, please go to step 7.
- The "My Steinberg" area can be found on the Steinberg home page
- Check your email and activate your user account by clicking the link in the confirmation email
- Log in to your MySteinberg account, and click on "Activation & Reactivation", choose "Cubase LE 4" or "Cubase LE 5" and select "Permanent Activation". Enter your Soft-eLicenser and choose your hardware manufacturer
- You will receive an email containing the activation code
- Launch the eLicenser Control Center software. Click the "Enter Activation Code" button to download the license for your Steinberg product to the Soft-eLicenser. To do this, enter the required activation code into the corresponding field. Follow the instructions on screen.
The process above is taken directly from the Steinberg website. Cubase LE4 Cubase LE5
If you are still having problems after following the above instructions, consider posting a message on the Cubase.Net forum