This model has been discontinued in North, Central and South America.
Please check the availability with your local distributors in other areas.
It has been replaced with the US-2x2.
TASCAM has refreshed its best-selling USB interface with better audio specs and a fresh new look for the US-122mkII. The US-122mkII starts with two great-quality XLR microphone preamps with phantom power for condenser microphones. There's also a pair of balanced line inputs and a guitar-level in for direct recording of electric guitar or bass. The stereo signal is sent to your computer at up to 96kHz/24-bit audio quality.
The US-122mkII connects to Mac or Windows computers using USB 2.0, and the unit is powered over the USB cable. Zero-latency monitoring is available for recording without the delay going to a computer and back. MIDI input and output jacks allow connection of synths and drum machines. Connect the US-122mkII to monitors through the line output or use headphones with the front-mounted stereo 1/4" jack. The US-122mkII makes a perfect portable interface with metal components and solid construction built for the road.
The US-122mkII includes a copy of Cubase LE4 from Steinberg. This full-featured recording software captures up to 48 tracks of audio with another 64 MIDI tracks. You can edit your tracks to perfection using a variety of modes and tools. Automated mixing is included to create the perfect master. Cubase LE4 supports VST effect and instrument plug-ins, which an assortment included with the application.
Whether you're getting started with computer recording or adding a portable interface to your road rig, the TASCAM US-122mkII is the affordable choice for professional results.
Also available is the US-144mkII, which adds an additional line output control, plus S/PDIF digital in and out.
|Supported sampling frequency||44.1/48/88.2/96kHz|
|Supported bit rate||16/24bit|
|Analog audio Inputs|
|Connecter||XLR-3-31(1:GND, 2:HOT, 3:COLD), BALANCED|
|Input impedance||2.2k ohms|
|Nominal input level
|Nominal input level
|Maximum input level
|Connecter||6.3mm(1/4") TRS-jack(T:HOT, R:COLD, S:GND), BALANCED|
|Nominal input level|
|MIC/LINE||-40dBu to +4dBu|
|GUITAR||-51dBV to -7dBV|
|Maximum input level|
|Analog audio outputs|
|Nominal output level||-10dBV|
|Maximum output level||+6dBV|
|Digital audio inputs|
|Digital audio inputs|
|Format||IEC60958-3(S/P DIF) and IEC60958-4(AES/EBU)
*Selectable in the Control Panel betwiin
|Connecter||6.3mm(1/4") stereo phone jack|
|Maximum output level||18mW+18mW(32ohms loaded)|
|MIDI IN||DIN 5-pin|
|MIDI OUT||DIN 5-pin|
|Connecter||USB B type 4-pin|
|Format||USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED/USB 1.1 FULL SPEED|
|Power||USB bus powered (5V, Max 500mA)|
|Bundle software||Cubase LE|
|Accessories||CD-ROM (containing driver and manuals), USB cable, DVD-ROM (Cubase LE),
Insert sheet for Cubase LE, Warranty card, Owner's manual
|Frequency response||20Hz to 20kHz, +0.5/-1.0dB(44.1/48KHz, MIC IN to LINE OUT)
20Hz to 40kHz, +0.5/-1.5dB(88.2/96KHz, MIC IN to LINE OUT)
|ADC to DAC||98dB(When INPUT knob is set to LINE, 20kHz LPF + A-weighted)|
|Monitor||107dB(When INPUT knob is set to LINE, 20kHz LPF + A-weighted)|
|ADC to DAC||0.0045% or less(When INPUT knob is set to LINE, 1kHz +20dBu input, 20kHz LPF)|
|Monitor||0.002% or less(When INPUT knob is set to LINE, 1kHz +20dBu input, 20kHz LPF)|
|Operating system requirements|
|OS||Windows XP:32bit SP3 or more, 64bit SP2 or more
Windows Vista:32bit SP2 or more, 64bit SP2 or more
Windows 7:32bit, 64bit
Windows 8:32bit, 64bit
|CPU||Pentium 4 1.4GHz or more, ADM Athlon 1.4GHz or more|
|Memory||1GB or more
512MB or more for Windows XP 32bit and Windows Vista 32bit)
|Driver||WDM, ASIO, GSIF2|
|OS||Mac OS X Leopard(10.5.6), Mac OS X Snow Leopard(10.6.8), OS X Lion(V10.7), OS X Mountain Lion(V10.8)|
|CPU||Intel Processor 1GHz or more, Power PC G4 1GHz or more|
|Memory||512MB or mor|
WindowsWindows 10 (May 2019 Update) , Windows 8.1 , Windows 8 , Windows 7 , Windows Vista , Windows XP
MacmacOS Mojave , OS X El Capitan (10.11) , OS X Yosemite (10.10) , OS X Mavericks (10.9) , OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) , OS X Lion (10.7) , Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) , Mac OS X Leopard(10.5.6) , Mac OS X Tiger(10.4.11)
|Installation Guide for macOS Mojave and macOS High Sierra||10-02-2019||629.3 KB|
|Release Notes||12-24-2014||467.4 KB|
|How to install Cubase LE||05-08-2014||4.1 MB|
|Cubase LE quick start guide||04-03-2013||1.1 MB|
|Firmware V2.03 for Mac||09-27-2012||117.2 KB|
|US-122mkII & US-144mkII firmware updater for Windows, version 2.03||06-02-2011||136.2 KB|
|US-122mkII Firmware Mac firmware updater version 2.01 for US-122mkII||01-05-2010||106.0 KB|
|US-122mkII Firmware Windows firmware updater version 2.01 for US-122mkII||12-24-2009||267.5 KB|
|Driver V3.25rc2 (macOS Sierra / macOS High Sierra / macOS Mojave only)||10-27-2016||2.6 MB|
|Driver V3.24rc1 (OS X only)||02-11-2016||1.6 MB|
|Driver V3.00d8 Release Notes (OS X Mavericks and Yosemite only)||12-12-2013||944.5 KB|
|Driver V2.10 and Firmware V2.03 for OS X (Mountain Lion)||09-27-2012||2.6 MB|
|Driver V2.00 for Mac OS X||08-21-2010||1.4 MB|
In case that 24 bit is being selected at the setting of "Select the sample rate and bit depth to be used when running in shared mode" on Windows, PC is re-booted up when system sound on Windows is played.
Please check here for how to avoid it.
According to Apple, OS X 10.9.5 includes heightened security measures that will also be part of OS X 10.10. These security measures will affect some TASCAM audio interfaces, so users are advised to be aware, and hold off on updating until further information is available
These products use Apple's built in CoreAudio driver. The Settings Panel installer is fully compliant with Apple's latest security measures.
The latest drivers are compliant, but testing is ongoing for these products:
The OS X 10.9 public beta drivers can continue to be used for these interfaces:
Cannot be used with the current driver (public or beta):
- IF-FW/DMmkII: Development is on-going and a version that is compliant with the new security measures will be made available as soon as possible. Please keep your system at 10.9.4 or earlier if you wish to continue to use the IF-FW/DMmkII.
- TASCAM Mixer Companion: Gatekeeper Security must be set to "allow all" for TMCompanion to be installed. It can be reverted to higher security settings after installation.
- Other audio interface products not mentioned are no longer supported.
Pro Tools 9 for Windows must be run from the administrator's account for MIDI to function. Launch Pro Tools in 'run this program as an administrator' mode.
The latency setting must be the same in Pro Tools and in the US-series control panel. Change this in Pro Tools' Hardware Setup window, and in the US-series control panel.
Please be aware that this activation system is designed and controlled by Steinberg and not TASCAM.
- Install Cubase LE 4 or Cubase LE 5
- Make sure that your computer has a working Internet connection. This connection is necessary to activate the license because the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) needs to register with our license server.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the eLCC installed. Click here to download
- Open the eLicense Control Center (eLCC) software and make a note of your Soft-eLicenser number
- Create a user account in the MySteinberg area. If you already have one, please go to step 7.
- The "My Steinberg" area can be found on the Steinberg home page
- Check your email and activate your user account by clicking the link in the confirmation email
- Log in to your MySteinberg account, and click on "Activation & Reactivation", choose "Cubase LE 4" or "Cubase LE 5" and select "Permanent Activation". Enter your Soft-eLicenser and choose your hardware manufacturer
- You will receive an email containing the activation code
- Launch the eLicenser Control Center software. Click the "Enter Activation Code" button to download the license for your Steinberg product to the Soft-eLicenser. To do this, enter the required activation code into the corresponding field. Follow the instructions on screen.
The process above is taken directly from the Steinberg website. Cubase LE4 Cubase LE5
If you are still having problems after following the above instructions, consider posting a message on the Cubase.Net forum
This interface was tested with Windows 8 and no problems were found. It is approved for use with Windows 8.