Universal Remote Control Unit
The TASCAM RC-900 is a professiona;l-grade universal remote control unit with 128-step jog dial and RS-232C interface for versatile transport controls on TASCAM's professional equipment.
This model has been discontinued in North, Central and South America.
Please check the availability with your local distributors in other areas.
The jog dial, which is used frequently for cueing, can cause a great deal of stress depending on how hard it is to use. For the RC-900's jog dial, not only do we use aluminum, which has excellent performance, but we also designed the shapes of the edges and the finger indentation through repeated prototyping in order to realize the form that is easiest operate.
We carefully investigated which keys are used frequently and which are not and utilized keys that are suitable for their applications and frequency of usage.
For the transport keys, which are used frequently, we have incorporated keys that boast the durability to withstand 10 million presses, contributing to great overall durability for the unit. In the development of products for use by the broadcast industry, we have employed keys that are optimized for their frequency of use based on the results of interviews and investigations.
Connections are made using RS-232C connectors, and a cable is included. Setting up the RC-900 merely requires selecting the RC-900 on the connected device.
※Note: The included cable cannot be used for connection with a CD-9010CF or CD-9010 because they require a 15-pin cable. Please consult with one of our sales representatives.
The five function keys on the top panel provide different functions depending on the connected device. We researched, for example, how each device is being used to determine the functions most useful for their applications.
CD-9010CF / CD-9010
|Cue 1||Cue 2||Cue 3||Cue 4||Online|
|Cue 1||Cue 2||Cue 3||Cue 4||-|
|3:HS A (REC)
HS-4000 / HS-2000 / HS-2
|4:HS B (ONLINE)
HS-4000 / HS-2000 / HS-2
(not available on HS-2)
SS-CDR200 / SS-R200
Features at a Glance
- The time-search function and the track (take) select function by 10 keys
- The search function by the jog-dial
- Same operations as the connected product
- Five function keys
- F5 key has the guard and illumination that assigned special function (ONLINE/Record)
- Cue point setting up to 4 points (when RC-900 connected to the CD-9010CF/CD-9010/CD-6010)
|Power||AC 120V, 60Hz (AC adapter TASCAM PS-P520, included)|
|Power consumption||1W or less|
|Dimensions (W×H×D)||6.9" × 2.3" × 8.5" / 176 × 59 × 215 mm|
|Weight||3.1 lbs. / 1.4 kg|
|Latest version info|
- "9: DA-6400" mode added to MACHINE SEL for use with the DA-6400.
(This function works with a customized version of the DA-6400, which is only available in Japan.)
- Using the HS-4000 V3.00
- To use the HS-4000 V3.00, please make sure that the firmware version of the RC-900 unit is above V1.40.
- Using the SS-CDR250N / SS-R250N
- To use the SS-CDR250N / SS-R250N, please make sure that the firmware version of the RC-900 unit is above V1.30.
- Using the CD-9010CF / CD-9010 V1.20
- To use the CD-9010CF / CD-9010 V1.20, please make sure that the firmware version of the RC-900 unit is above V1.20.
|Release Note||10-28-2021||536.4 KB|
|High resolution images||07-19-2019||27.7 MB|