1. Collection of Personal Information
We may acquire your personal information in any of the following cases through our website in accordance with applicable laws and regulations by proper and fair means.
- When you purchase products or apply for services we provide;
- When you complete our surveys or apply for our offers of special benefits or sales promotion;
- When you apply registration of your product or for our customer support service, or when you create an account for our mail magazines and other membership service;
- When we respond to your inquiry;
- When you post your comments or other articles to our websites such as our home page or SNS sites, etc. operated or administered by us.
- When we acquire personal information for the cases other than 1 to 5 above, we will notify you separately.
We would like to ask you to provide your personal information from your own will. Please note, however, that services on this website may not be available if you choose not to provide certain personal information.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Your personal information provided may be used for the following purposes.
- To use your feedback and the like as a reference to plan, develop and set sales strategies for our merchandizing products, our services, etc.; to improve our merchandizing products or our services; or to set our business policies and the like;
- To ship our merchandizing products or provide our services (including membership services) to you;
- To provide relevant after-sales support (including provision of software upgrade information);
- To provide information on merchandising products or services we offer as well as events and sales promotions;
- To use your feedback and the like in sales promotion activities of merchandizing products and or services we offer such as advertising and marketing;
- To ask you to answer a survey;
- To contact you for transaction (including contemplating the possibility of transaction) or meeting with you or to respond to various inquiries from you;
- To make statistical data classified by attributes of users (age, address, etc.);
- To validate your identity or to confirm and ascertain your membership registration and usage, to analyze your access history for our website, etc. concerning our products and services, and to improve customer experience and other qualities such as our products, services, and website by utilizing your purchases or usage of our product or services and website access history, etc., by means of the login functionality of the membership services we provide or by means of tracking systems using technologies such as cookies or web beacons upon your access to our website;
- To prevent misconduct or illicit acts such as infringement of rights, or to respond as needed for investigations with the objective of protecting the rights of you, the Company, or any third parties; and
- To perform audits and other legal checks required by laws and regulations such as accounting principles or by certain contracts.
- When we use personal information for purposes other than 1 to 11 above, we will notify you of the purpose of the use individually.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose or provide personal information obtained from you to any third party except for cases falling under any of the following items. When you submit us personal information about someone other than yourself, you must first obtain the person's consent for submission before the submission to us. When we acquire personal information from our business partners or the like, we will handle the personal information similarly.
- When we obtain your prior approval or consent;
- When required by laws or regulations;
- When personal information is disclosed to our subcontractors, where it is necessary for us to provide you with the services and the like within the scope of the Purposes of Use;
- When we provide and share personal information with our group companies to the extent necessary to achieve the Purposes of Use clearly specified to you;
- We will share customer information with our group company, TEAC Customer Solutions Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "TCS"), as we remain the entity responsible for personal information management.
Personal information to be used :
Name, address, contact information, identity verification documents, histories of your product purchase, repair or service usage and the payment therefore with us or with TCS, history concerning our customer support or communications with you, your login and membership registration status on the websites such as our home page or SNS sites, etc. operated or administered by us or by TCS, and information acquired by technologies such as information communication terminals and cookies.
Purpose of use :
To respond to inquiries and requests concerning products and repairs; for the payment arising from the product shipment, service provision, etc.; to verify identity; to improve information management and customer experience on the websites or SNS sites operated or administered by us or by TCS; for improvement or research and development of the merchandizing products and services; for advertising, marketing, and sales promotion activities for the products and services.
- When sharing your personal information between us and our group companies for purposes other than A, we will notify you in advance of with whom it is to be shared, what information is to be shared, the purpose of the use, etc. by means of posting on our home page, etc., displaying links, or otherwise.
- When it is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Company, you or other third parties, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- When it is necessary for advanced public health or children's healthy development, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- When it is necessary to cooperate with statutory work required by laws and regulations performed by any national or local government office, or their subcontractors, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
- When business or rights and obligations are to be succeeded between the Company and other companies due to merger or company split or others.
4. Disclosure, Correction, Deletion of Personal Information
- We will provide you with your personal information we hold, when you or your agent authorized by you requests us to do so.
However, we will not provide your personal information in the cases that fall under any of the following items.
- When there is a possibility to impair the rights or interests of you, other user, or any third party;
- When it could materially adversely affect to the business operations of the Company or our group companies; or
- When it may violate laws or regulations.
- When there is a mistake in your personal information we provided you, we will immediately correct or delete it.
- When you request us to provide your personal information, we may separately set and charge actual expenses for providing such information.
- When you request us to provide your personal information, you need to present a copy of identity verification documents (e.g., driver's license, insurance card, passport, certificate of residence, etc.).
- Acts of God such as natural disasters and other circumstances beyond our control may prevent us from providing the information.
- When you want to confirm information registered through the user registration form on our website or if you want to correct your information registered, login with your ID and password and then correct and confirm the information.
If you wish to take other procedure for disclosing, correcting or deleting your personal information, please communicate with us through the "Contact" shown in Section 6 below.
5. Suspension of Use or Provision of Personal Information
If you request us to suspend to use or provide your personal information, we will firstly identify the applicant, and then promptly suspend using or sharing your personal information with our group companies. When you request us, please communicate with us through the "Contact" in Section 6. However, please note that it may not be possible to delete minimum personal information necessary for our business operations in accordance with laws, regulations, and other requirements.
6. Contact for Personal Information
If you would like to confirm your own personal information or if you have any questions or queries regarding the content of this page, please contact with us through the following inquiry form.